Tuesday, July 27, 2010

#3: Sleepless Musings

Didn't sleep last night. Ended up becoming fascinated by various fun things to play with re: blogging. Now I can't sleep as I have an appointment in less than 4 hours so...

I am watching trashy morning programmes having given up on attempting to be creative or poetic. So tired of trawling through moments of genius from Dylan, Cohen, Bronte, Lawrence or Elliot - though it has convinced me that perhaps I should never write again.

The Jaguar hasn't slept either. He is working solidly in his studio but we reconvene every hour or so for more coffee and cigarettes. The lack of sleep makes everything tasteless but I secretly revel in these seedy mornings knowing that one day our freedoms will be replaced with (joyous) responsibilities. (Never thought I'd be that girl who has decided on the order of our children, their genders, names, personalities, similarities etc... I suppose when you're stupidly in love these things creep up on you...if you want them).

The television (or rather the people on it as it would be rather frightening if the television started speaking to me) is telling me that 'people' have decided that the Romantic Comedy genre is gradually destroying real relationships by setting unrealistic precedence.

Bollocks.

When I watch Romantic Comedy I generally feel nauseated. Why would I want to find a stupidly foppish and weak man, have some distressing/life changing moments, have to make an extreme decision and then be stalked by aforementioned foppish, weakling only to marry him because it would be preferable to the decision that I was uncomfortable about to begin with?

Sigh.

Unfortunately The Jaguar is much more romantic than I am. Perhaps he should be writing on here.

Anyway ... being unwarrantedly cynical.

I have been going through some wedding mags (some that I brought in the first flush of engagement then forgot about) and have discovered some beautiful dresses that I just KNOW wont suit me. Trying to figure out ways that I can put my bridesmaids in more elaborate dresses than mine without getting jealous...

I have realised that I really must go in to a boutique and try on all the dresses that they have just so I can discover what kind of dresses really suit me so I can negate all the gowns that I love but just wont work on a short-arse with huge curls.

Do you guys have any recommendations re: finding the right style of gown?

I don't want to look like Katie Price, god love 'er.

Emily. x


No comments:

Post a Comment